two points

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 08:55:46 PST 2017

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 09:49:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> In any case, shouldn't it be an uphill battle to merge things?
> There are a lot of things that need to be satisfied to merge
> something. Being too hasty leads to legacy code that we come to
> regret, angry people whose code was broken, and technical debt.

There's a difference between it being an uphill battle because
review and feedback are careful, cautious, in-depth and strict
(as they should be!), versus it being an uphill battle because no
feedback or interest is being offered and PRs are left to bitrot.
:-(

I accept that there are a lot of things that need to be satisfied
to merge something.  Personally speaking, I'm willing to endure
any number of rebases and conflict-fixes, so long as I'm getting
feedback and engagement that allows my PR to become better code.
It's when I'm _not_ getting any indicators as to what needs to be
satisfied that things become problematic.