Questionnaire

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 10 20:04:09 PST 2017

On Friday, 10 February 2017 at 23:02:38 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> Go - they value simplicity and robust run-time (Go's GC breaks
> news with sub-milisecond pauses on large heaps). The sheer
> complexity of D is enough for it to be a hard sell, D's GC is
> coup de grace.

I have never understood the appeal of Go. With respect to the GC,
there's this:
https://blog.plan99.net/modern-garbage-collection-911ef4f8bd8e#.o6pxesvuw

With respect to "simplicity", I found it to be easy to learn a
language that makes it hard to get stuff done. I've never
understood the argument that programming in Go is simple. Clearly
others have their own view.