Ocean v3.0.0: First fully public release!

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 10 07:19:51 PST 2017

Hi dear D community!

We wanted to share with you some nice news and big milestone: we
are (finally!) going completely public with Ocean development!

Starting with the new v3.0.0 release all the development done to
the library will go to the public repository (and actually this
goes too for the older versions still in maintenance mode, v2.5.x
and v2.6.x at the time, and in development mode, v2.x.x). No more
internal development and sync points from time to time.

Because of this you should start seeing a *LOT* more activity on
the project from now on, and we encourage the community to once
again have a look at it.

Standard disclaimer: to be used with D2 there still an automatic
conversion step that needs to be done, and you'll need a slightly
older and modified dmd, but we were (are?) working on that too
with Walter / Andrei / Martin on how we can push for the changes
we need in D2 to be able to use the vanilla compiler.

I won't bother you with the changelog for v3.0.0 (is packed with
more than a dozen of new features, the release notes themselves
are about 200 lines long :D), but if you are curious you can have
a look at it:
https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/ocean/releases/tag/v3.0.0

Contributions are more welcome than ever.

Happy hacking!