Faster Command Line Tools in D

cym13 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 24 14:46:10 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 21:34:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> It's now #4 on the front page of Hacker News:
>
> https://news.ycombinator.com/news

The comments on HN are useless though, everybody went for the
"D versus Python" thing and seem to complain that it's doing a
D/Python benchmark while only talking about D optimization...even
though optimizing D is the whole point of the article. In the
same way they rant against the fact that many iterations on the D
script are shown while it is obviously to give different tricks
while being clear on what trick gives what.

I am disappointed because there are so many good things to say
about this, so many good questions or remarks to make when not
familiar with the language, and yet all we get is "Meh, this
benchmark shows nothing of D's speed against Python".