DlangIDE v0.8.0 released

Vadim Lopatin coolreader.org at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 07:23:30 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 02:37:41 UTC, Traktor Toni
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 15:20:54 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
> wrote:
>> New DlangIDE version is released.
>> Now I'm considering DlangIDE as mostly usable.
>
> well don't. I just tested the windows build.
>
> 1. F5 doesnt build+run the application
> 2. I have to install dmd/D compiler separately
> 3. no intellisense
>
> This is not usable by any reasonable definition as an IDE.

1. Ctrl+F5 does. You can change shortcuts in
~/.dlangide/shortcuts.json (on Windows - in
currentUser/AppData/.dlangide/shortcuts.json
2. Why should IDE include compiler. It's easy to download it from
official site.
3. Is Code completion/GoToDefinition/Call tips/Doc comments
enough? If so, it's present. No refactoring support.