DIP 1009 (Add Expression-Based Contract Syntax) Accepted

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 12:26:36 UTC 2018

Congratulations to Zach Tollen and everyone who worked on DIP
1009. It took a painful amount of time to get it through the
process, but it had finally come out of the other side with an
approval. The proposal itself was approved early on, but it
needed quite a bit of revision to get to an acceptable final
draft. The DIP in its final form:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1009.md

Though I will not retroactively apply review summaries to all
previously approved DIPs, I will do so with those currently
working through the process. I've started with this one. Note
that I kept the 'Preliminary Review' name instead of using the
new 'Community Review' so that it would match the review thread
title.

I would like to remind everyone that DIP 1013, "The Deprecation
Process", is currently under Community Review, with very little
feedback so far. I encourage everyone to take a look at it and
speak up if any flaws or potential enhancements are seen.

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/rxlbdijkbhanwvbksuej@forum.dlang.org