Dockerfile with cross-compiler targeting Windows x64

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sat Apr 7 14:05:15 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 7 April 2018 at 12:24:54 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> Any MS libs that can be bundled "legally"?
>
> That's the problem. If there were, they'd be bundled with the
> LDC Windows packages, so that LDC on Windows wouldn't require a
> Visual C++ installation anymore and just work out of the box.
> To avoid confusion: we're talking about the static and import
> .lib files of the Visual C++ runtime & Windows SDK, not about
> the redistributable DLLs.
>
> The libs on DropBox are from Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, while
> the LDC 1.8 druntime/Phobos libs have been compiled with latest
> VS 2017, so this divergence could become problematic at some
> point.

Hmm how hard would it be to use the MinGW libraries like DMD is
doing as a fallback since 2.079?

https://dlang.org/changelog/2.079.0.html#lld_mingw

Rainer's excellent work on this is mostly found in
dlang/installer:

https://github.com/dlang/installer/blob/build-mingw-libs/windows/build_mingw.bat
https://github.com/dlang/installer/blob/build-lld/windows/build_lld.bat
https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/281
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7500

(mingw and lld are separate branches, s.t. they aren't built on
every AppVeyor run)