DIP 1009 (Add Expression-Based Contract Syntax) Accepted

Zach Tollen reachzach at gggmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:52:09 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 7 April 2018 at 16:10:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> What's the philosophy around accepted DIPs containing multiple
> suggestions/alternatives. For example, this DIP mentions three
> alternatives for the "out" syntax [1], it's not crystal clear
> which one was actually accepted.

I think the philosophy is just that it's good to record the
thought process which led in the final suggestion. The DIP does
recommend syntax option 3 for "out" contracts, which is also the
only one described in the grammar. This could be clearer, but now
I want to change the language spec, which obviously matters a
whole lot more, now that the DIP has been accepted.