Enum and Function Parameters Attributes -- No DIP Required

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Thu Apr 12 15:18:34 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 08:28:17 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> * Changes to the language itself, such as syntax/semantics
> * Changes to the functional behavior of code generated by the
> compiler
>
> This proposal is a removal of a limitation on an existing
> feature -- it neither modifies existing syntax nor requires
> deprecation of any other language features. Nor does it change
> the behavior of generated code.

So if this change doesn't change anything, why is it called a
change?

An addition is a type of change and you make it sound as if DIPs
are only required for breaking changes

I think any change or addition (transparent, minor, simple) that
add capabilities to the language or to the standard library
should have been a DIP

If the process is too heavy for small changes, add a simple path
in the process for small changes, instead of completely ignoring
the process, add a fast track process for minor changes

Anyway, good luck, and happy to see D adding features :)