Enum and Function Parameters Attributes -- No DIP Required

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Thu Apr 12 23:09:05 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 22:41:16 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> DIP is an abbreviation for D Improvement Proposals, so in
> theory we should have DIP for every bugfix (if I follow your
> logic), because it is an improvment :D.

I see your point, but that was not my logic

My key point, was if this was not turned into a DIP because the
DIP process is too heavy, fix the DIP process, dont fix this by
avoiding the DIP process

Note that in this case, there was a DIP which was cancelled

So this was far from being similar to a bug fix
And the difference between bug fix and enhancement is i hope is
clear

Again, I was motivated to make this comment, because I can see
how much Andrei and Walter wants the community to commit to the
dip process, i've seen Andrei replying to many by suggesting to
turn posts into DIPs for stronger commitment