The 10k Twitter Target

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Thu Apr 19 07:18:29 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 19 April 2018 at 06:53:05 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Monday, 16 April 2018 at 08:39:05 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Lately, we've seen a steadily increasing trend of new
>> followers on Twitter. We're closing in on the totally
>> arbitrary yet emotionally significant number of 10,000. I was
>> just thinking how cool it would be to hit that number before
>> or during DConf.
>>
>> Now that my move is behind me and I'm settling in to my new
>> house, I have more time to stay on top of things (note that
>> "more" does not necessarily equate to "enough"). I'll try to
>> keep the tweet stream more active than usual over the coming
>> two+ weeks, even while I'm bopping around Germany in the week
>> prior to the conference.
>>
>> If you have a Twitter handle, it would help us out to retweet
>> anything interesting you see on @D_Programming. If you aren't
>> following us, it would help us out even more for you to become
>> a statistic! Let's see if we can turn that 9,781 (as I write
>> this) into 10,000 before the Hackathon.
>
> Each time i register to tweeter i got locked for no reasons.
> This happened yesterday again WHILE writing the first message.
> This is a problem when you don't own a smart-phone...
>
> I think people should seriously stop using this service, they
> don't realize but there are probably a bunch of psychos at the
> top of hierarchy of this company.
> These abusive lockings are a direct representation of their
> madness.

I agree, which is why I never even bothered to sign up and last
year stopped checking the 3-4 people's streams I used to follow.

However, like it or not, it is a popular platform, just like
reddit, so it would be irresponsible for D and Mike not to market
and publicize there. When they go out of business, we won't have
that problem anymore.