dxml 0.3.0 released

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Apr 20 00:46:38 UTC 2018

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 23:00:03 Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 April 2018 at 14:40:58 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > I won't repeat everything that's in the changelog, but the
> > biggest changes are that writer support has now been added, and
> > it's now possible to configure how the parser handles
> > non-standard entity references.
>
> In reference to
> http://jmdavisprog.com/docs/dxml/0.3.0/dxml_writer.html#.XMLWriter.writeTe
> xt
>
> "XMLWritingException if the given text is not legal in the text
> portion of an XML document."
>
> Is this to say that the text must be encoded
> (dxml.util.encodeText) prior to calling this or it will throw if
> the text contains "<"?
>
> This should be clearer in the documentation.

Yes. I would have thought that that was clear. It throws if any of the
characters or sequence of characters in the argument aren't legal in the
text portion of an XML document. Those characters that can be legally
present in encoded form but not in their literal form can be encoded first
with encodeText. I'll try to make the documentation clearer.

- Jonathan M Davis