silly is released - new test runner for the D programming language

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Aug 15 14:01:24 UTC 2018

On 16/08/2018 1:31 AM, Bogdan Szabo wrote:
> I wonder if the test runners could provide a template for the injected
> code, that dub could use it on `dub test`. I wonder if we could add
> something like `"testRunner": "trial"` in the dub.json file.

I've thought about this a bit. Adding special support for test runners
does seem like a bad idea. An alternative could be to enable injection
of a mixin template by the compiler for each compiler parsed. You can
either get an alias to initialize a template for only type purposes, or
you can throw a module constructor in.

That would enable more interesting use cases like route registration for
web routers.