LDC 1.11.0

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sun Aug 19 12:36:07 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 19 August 2018 at 12:23:37 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 August 2018 at 21:05:42 UTC, Matthias Klumpp
> wrote:
>> Will we get a release of the ltsmaster branch as well? From
>> the release notes it sounds like building with a more recent
>> version is a good idea...
>
> Using latest ltsmaster is always a good idea. I'm a bit
> reluctant to tag a new version, as it's a moving target (e.g.,
> needed another adaptation yesterday in order to be able to
> bootstrap 2.082-based LDC, and will need more adaptations in a
> few weeks for LLVM 7...). 0.17.6 has been stuck in the pipeline
> for half a year now; perhaps we finally manage after LLVM 7 is
> supported.

The thing is, a release is actually tremendously helpful for the
Debian packaging - we are using the latest tagged version there
for ages.
I could, if you think that it is a good idea, just use a snapshot
of the current ltsmaster Git branch, but that makes it harder to
track with which ltsmaster state the Debian package was actually
built with.