MORE OFFTOPIC Re: I've just released Vasaro

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Mon Dec 10 11:26:19 UTC 2018

On Monday, 10 December 2018 at 10:47:42 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2018-12-08 18:01, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>
>> The one I have is a macbook air with a broken, but usable
>> screen (I got it for free yay). I don't know how old it is, I
>> *think* it is a 2013 model.
>
> If you click on the Apple menu in the top left corner and
> choose "About This Mac", it will say which model and which year
> in the window that appears. It will also specify which version
> of the OS it's running.
>
>> I know it won't take the new OS update from Apple, but it was
>> able to run dmd on it last time I tried (which was like 9
>> months ago lol).
>
> DMD will run on Mavericks (10.9) or later.

I have a 10.6 that I will be re-adding port of druntime/phobos to
(2.076 and later), and I think gcc also has a 10.4 in their
server farm.

Anything that I find is missing that belongs in common parts I'll
raise a pull to re-add, as it costs us nothing to support it.

Is there any consideration apart from section/tls support?  I'm
just going to fork the current rt.sections stuff (I.e:
gcc.sections.{elf,macho,pef,x off}) as apart from linux/elf, the
rest is not of any use or is specific to dmd object format.  As
for tls, well there is still no native support in gcc if I
understand correctly.