DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Johannes Loher johannes.loher at fg4f.de
Sat Dec 22 18:30:53 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 16:57:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> As I recall, you largely agreed with me:

That is true, and I still do regarding many points (though not
all). But this is not the point I wanted to make. I don't
consider my opinion that important. I simply wanted to point out
why the D team probably decided against your suggestion.

> I'm not trying to discuss it with you or the community. I'm
> asking the D team who're making this decision why it's being
> made, despite all the reasoning in that thread, and reiterating
> that it's a bad move. I suspect they're not thinking this
> through, but they can speak for themselves.

I do understand your wish for them to explain the reasons for
their decision. And in my opinion the reasoning so far has indeed
been a bit poor ("your arguments were not convincing"). Maybe The
D team can give some more details about why they value the
traditional conference format more than your suggestion.

By the way, if you are still interested in implementing your
suggested conference format (I'm getting the feeling that you are
getting a bit frustrated :(), it might be more promising to not
replace DConf with it, but instead make it an additional event
(maybe in autumn). If you are interested in discussing more ideas
about this, I'd gladly participate.