DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Rubn where at is.this
Sun Dec 23 23:40:32 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 23 December 2018 at 10:07:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> BTW, another point for the presentations is that we cover the
> air fare and hotel expenses for the presenters. Quite a lot of
> people have been able to attend because of this. It's our way
> of giving a little bit back to strong contributors.

I'll take that to assume you aren't paying for your own ticket,
your own hotel expenses, etc. I wonder if you would feel
differently about this if you had to pay for all these out of
your own pocket. I'd be curious of the total expenses for DConf,
all of the funds could be used to hire more developers. The pull
request situation has improves significantly, I can only imagine
what else could improve with those additional funds. I think it'd
fair to outline how much does end up being spent on DConf and do
a logical comparison of money being spent relatively. I know how
you feel about owing people of the your community nothing though,
so I guess it's a nice dream. Without those statistics to include
with the argument it's pointless to argue with you, might as well
be arguing whether unicorns exist.