DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Dec 26 05:07:01 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 25 December 2018 at 23:09:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/25/2018 10:54 AM, Joakim wrote:
>> [...]
>
> It's fine that you disagree with others, and it's ok when you
> insult me, but when you insult others it's time to stop.

It's not clear what you're referring to, since you quote nothing
I wrote. I have never called anyone any name or insult in
anything I wrote. I have used a pejorative for a type of argument
that was being used, or characterized certain actions negatively.
I stand by those negative descriptions, and if you consider it an
"insult" that I said "you just had to be there" is a stupid
argument, I don't know what to tell you. Almost anyone who thinks
about such matters believes that.

I could sit here and say it was "insulting" how people repeatedly
characterized me as wanting to stop all in-person interaction,
when that is _the exact opposite_ of what I wrote! But I don't go
around making up grievances like that, I suggest you don't either.