I have a plan.. I really DO

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 13:50:37 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 at 13:15:43 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> LOL
>
> Ok, if I'm wrong, then this means D is already a perfect
> replacement to C++, especially for game development.
>
> Just by curiosity, can you tell me how many successful
> commercial games based on a D game engine are released each
> year ?
>
> Or just this year maybe...

No triple AAA engine is going to switch to D for the following
reasons:
1.)Cost vs benefit from converting C++ to D.
2.)Gamers do not care how things are implemented, they want
results.
3.)There are high abundance of c++ programmers for employees to
hired. I can't say the same thing for D.
4.)GC phobia.(The notorious culprit)

-Alex