Symmetry Autumn of Code

Zheng Luo (Vic) vicluo96 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:00:14 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 22 July 2018 at 22:07:00 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> The software should be efficient enough to use on embedded
> systems like https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo
>  Under that constraint, you'd probably want to try to
> accomplish the task with the -betterC-like subset of the
> language (https://dlang.org/spec/betterc.html).  That being
> said, there's no reason the software couldn't be used on a PC
> with resources to spare, and it would probably be easier to do
> the development on a PC and just verify the implementation on
> an microcontroller periodically.
>
> I, myself, don't have much experience in graphics, so I don't
> know if I'd be a very good mentor, but if you have any
> questions about the goal or use case for the project, let me
> know.

Thank you for the suggestion. Previously I interned at a VR
company and had some experiences writing code related to
graphics, but I don't have any experience on embedded system
programming, so I was wondering that do I need to buy a
microcontroller or just testing it on PC would be enough? If it's
the former one, could you give some suggestions on the starter
kit?