Symmetry Autumn of Code

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 10:33:28 UTC 2018

On Monday, 23 July 2018 at 09:52:54 UTC, Zheng (Vic) Luo wrote:

> Regarding floating point operations, I plan to use
> dmd.builtins/ldc.builtins instead of linking with libm.

That reminds me.  Something else to consider is that some of
these microcontrollers don't have FPUs.  Graphics libraries
designed for microcontrollers often use fixed-point math as a
lowest common denominator.  I think, given the features of D,
fixed-point or floating point could be selected at compile-time.

But, I don't wish to expand the scope of the project.  An
all-floating point library would be fine, IMO, and fixed-poing
math could be added to the library in a future iteration.

Mike