On D in competitive programming

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:44:32 UTC 2018

On 7/28/18 3:51 PM, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I wrote a post with my general reflections on using D in competitive
> programming.
> Mostly compared to C++, since that's what more than 90% of people use
> for it.
> The post is tailored to cover only the competitive programming specifics.
>
> http://codeforces.com/blog/entry/60890
> (en+ru, the language switch is at the top)

Good read.

a lifetime ago, I competed using topcoder (and wrote a bunch of problem
sets for them too). Topcoder had a "challenge" phase, where you could
challenge the solutions of others.

Is there anything like that in codeforces, and if so, is D an advantage
as a "somewhat obscure" language (i.e. competitors can't always
understand your code)?

Just curious :)

-Steve