GitHub could be acquired by Microsoft

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jun 9 02:07:16 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 9 June 2018 at 00:54:08 UTC, Kapps wrote:

> Personally I think the fear of Microsoft ruining GitHub is
> completely unfounded. Just look at what they did to Xamarin.
> They bought an interesting product and then made it free for
> individuals, open sourced it, and improved it drastically. And
> they sure do hate Linux nowadays with dotnet CORE being
> partially to improve Linux / cross-platform support.

These days, I don't think the "evil" of MS is the thing to be
concerned about. I'm more concerned about unpredictably and
unreliability. The potential for mess-ups or mind-changing or
other surprises down the road. Not that it necessarily WILL
happen, but I think being MS its worth being prepared, just in
case.