I have a plan.. I really DO

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Jun 29 22:54:34 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 07:03:52 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

> P.S. I mean what you think the future of native code is???
> Rust? Crystal?? Nim???

The future of native code will be replacing scripting languages.
D is really good at that task.

The future of native code will not be one language. I don't know
why the discussion always turns to that, because it goes against
the steady increase in the number of good languages that are
available. Different folks have different preferences, many of us
use multiple languages, and our preferences change over our
lifetimes. These days language interoperability is getting so
good that "choosing a language" is becoming obsolete. If we keep
reducing the obstacles to using D, the number of users will
continue to grow.

WRT donating money, isn't it natural to explain what will be done
with the money? There's been some movement in the direction of
transparency. I'll only say there's more to be done in that area
and leave it at that.