Release D 2.079.0

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+d at outerproduct.org
Wed Mar 7 16:33:38 UTC 2018

Am 07.03.2018 um 17:01 schrieb Paolo Invernizzi:
> On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 at 14:53:09 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>
>> But why wouldn't it be possible to make a quick bugfix release with
>> the current scheme? It has happened in the past. Granted, if a
>> 0.8.5-beta.1 is already tagged, then using 0.8.5 for a quick
>> intermediate release would be bad, but at that point the beta could
>> likely also be turned into a full release pretty quickly.
>
> Well, I don't know why, but quick is more than 30 days right now using
> the current release procedure...
>
> https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/issues/2058
> https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/releases
>
> Anyway, never mind!
>
> /Paolo

What I mean are releases like these:

https://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.7.11 (3 days)
https://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.7.28 (16 days)

There are also releases such as 0.7.29 that actually got branched out
and was stabilized while 0.7.30 was already pushed further along on master.

But such releases were only done if really necessary, because a release,
despite many things being automated, always has quite some overhead,
just like maintaining parallel branches has. Depending on the work force
and the general development speed that may be okay, but currently
development time unfortunately is a premium.