Vision document for H1 2018

rumbu rumbu at rumbu.ro
Sat Mar 10 11:45:25 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 10 March 2018 at 11:07:56 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 March 2018 at 10:47:09 UTC, Dylan Graham wrote:
>>
>> Yeah. Why should D worry about tying itself into C when it
>> can't even interface with itself through DLLs?
>
> A reasonable point.
>
> But.. in any case.. people work on what they are motivated to
> work on.
>
> That's really all there is to it.
>
> That's how the open source community works.

I'm talking about the D Foundation priority list, not about the
open source community surrounding it. I have nothing against
betterC, the community is free to work on it, but I don't
understand why it's a *priority* for the D foundation. Is there
any funding involved requesting explicitly betterC support?