Vision document for H1 2018

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Sun Mar 11 06:12:16 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 05:41:02 UTC, Dylan Graham wrote:

> I regret some of things I said. I'm sorry for any offence
> caused, specifically towards members of the DLF.

I don't think you need to regret saying anything. You've
demonstrated a willingness to engage in a conversation that we
can *all* learn from.

I also doubt anyone actually got offended ;-)

.. we're all pretty strong minded here.

But I get back to my point about "programmer" portability.

Other developers of newer languages just don't seem to get that.

And it's hardly surprising that D would be focused in some way,
on languages used by the vast majority of programmers
(C/C++/Java/C#... and dare I say it..python)

That is D's great strength. (and betterc is just a part of it -
and not one that particulary interests me).

Because D resources are rather contstrained, betterc gets more
push back than it really should. But the main take away point I
get from that vision statement, is a greater focus on increasing
contributions - which is really what D needs more than anything
(apart from a correct and complete language specification).