Vision document for H1 2018

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Tue Mar 13 01:23:39 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 19:09:42 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 16:07:40 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
>> This post may not be all that helpful, but I feel the need to
>> voice the frustrations with my experience. Sorry for the
>> pointless/off-topic rant.
>
> Thank you for this post, I found this actually really
> insightful. I'm also (relatively) inexperienced, a Windows
> user, and I have time/motivation for contributing. Your post is
> very relatable to me. But while you actually tried to compile
> dmd, I kind of pushed it aside after seeing how much there is
> involved in setting it up, predicting a big hassle like you
> describe. I really wish it could be as simple as cloning the
> repository and running a command on Windows.

hey... I have 25+ years experience as a systems administator.

i.e I'm very, very used to doing very complex things. complex, is
my day at the office.

But even I couldn't get my head around how to compile D from
source on Windows ;-)

I do have it compling just fine on my freebsd system, and
multiple different linux's I use. But Windows? Forget it. Someone
will need to explain in detail how that is actually done - I no
longer have the patience for working that one out.