LDC 1.8.0

Matthias Klumpp mak at debian.org
Tue Mar 13 01:52:48 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 4 March 2018 at 22:37:21 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce LDC 1.8. The
> highlights of this version in a nutshell:
>
> * Based on D 2.078.3.
> * New switch `-link-defaultlib-shared` to link against shared
> druntime/Phobos.

Aww, just a little bit too late to easily get into Ubuntu 18.04
LTS (since updating LDC will trigger a library transition, I am
not sure if a case can be made to still include it).

The new and enforced "-shared" suffixes for the druntime and
phobos shared libraries are a bit annoying (especially since this
is a breaking change), but at least at Debian we'll follow
upstream's defaults on that (it gives weird package names, but
aside from that cosmetic issue the breakage caused by that change
should be minimal).

Thank you for working on LDC! :-)