LDC 1.8.0

kinke kinke at libero.it
Tue Mar 13 10:27:49 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 01:52:48 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> The new and enforced "-shared" suffixes for the druntime and
> phobos shared libraries are a bit annoying (especially since
> this is a breaking change), but at least at Debian we'll follow
> upstream's defaults on that (it gives weird package names, but
> aside from that cosmetic issue the breakage caused by that
> change should be minimal).
>
> Thank you for working on LDC! :-)

Thank you for maintaining the Debian/Ubuntu packages.

If you don't want the "-shared" suffix (and still only provide
shared libs, no static ones), then getting rid of it should be as
easy as patching
1)
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/v1.8.0/runtime/CMakeLists.txt#L116
2)
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/v1.8.0/driver/main.cpp#L507

The only important thing is that `-link-defaultlib-shared` switch
works (and that you error out for `-link-defaultlib-shared=false`
if you don't ship with static libs).