The D Language Foundation at Open Collective

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 04:31:36 UTC 2018

On Monday, 19 March 2018 at 03:12:52 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:

> (And McDonalds $1/large thing seems to have gone away, I think
> it was just a temporary promotion. At least around here, anyway
> (Cleveland area, in the US)).

Still doing it in the Northern California McDonalds near me. $1
for a large soda too.

> I'll never understand the whole "pour over" coffee movement.

There is a coffee chain that started in San Francisco, Philz
Coffee, which specializes in pour over coffee, and is now up to
42 locations. It is popular, and pour over and popular means an
excellent chance you end up waiting in a significant line, but a
lot of people don't seem to mind. I even wonder if it adds to the
experience, making the product seem more valuable. However,
someone must not like the wait because I read an article recently
that mentioned some upscale coffee places were going back to
using machines. I believe they only mentioned the time factor,
but it is also labor intensive to manually pour the water.