iopipe v0.0.4 - RingBuffers!

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat May 12 22:16:21 UTC 2018

> But I am not expecting any miracles here. GNU grep does pretty much
> everything it can to achieve performance -- including eschewing the
> standard library buffering system as I am doing. I can probably match
> the performance at some point, but I doubt it's worth worrying about.

I wonder if there's realistic real-world cases where you could beat it
due to being a library solution and skipping the cost of launching grep
as a new process. Granted, outside of Windows, process launching is
considered to be fairly cheap, but it still isn't no-cost.

That would still be a nice feather in D's cap: Comparable to grep for
large data, faster than spawning a grep process for smaller data.