Backend nearly entirely converted to D

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:49:41 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 at 00:01:13 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 11/6/2018 3:00 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> What sort of refactoring are we looking at?  Any low-hanging
>> fruit here
>> that we non-compiler-experts can chip away at?
>
> Simply going with foreach loops is a nice improvement.

Thas sounds like a job that I can do. At this moment I am reading
DMD source code starting from main() because when I tried to
understand part of something I wanted to change it felt that to
understand something you basically need to understand a third of
compiler.

One of biggest and needless hurdle I face in reading DMD code is
single letter variable name. If I change one letter variable
names to more descriptive ones would that patch be welcomed or
considered needless change?