Backend nearly entirely converted to D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 7 22:03:20 UTC 2018

On 11/7/2018 1:49 PM, welkam wrote:
> One of biggest and needless hurdle I face in reading DMD code is single letter
> variable name. If I change one letter variable names to more descriptive ones
> would that patch be welcomed or considered needless change?

Sorry, it would not be welcome. Single letter names are appropriate for locally
defined symbols. There's also an informal naming convention for them, changing
the names would disrupt that.

Shuffling code around without a very strong reason is also not looked upon
favorably. Basically anything that vacuously creates large diffs.