NES emulator written in D

blahness nospam at blah334.net
Tue Nov 13 05:46:11 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 13:52:17 UTC, blahness wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Not sure how interested people here will be with this but I've
> ported https://github.com/fogleman/nes from Go to D [1]. I
> should point out that I'm not the author of the original Go
> version.
>
> The emulator code itself is 100% D with no dependencies. I've
> also created a little app using SDL to show how you'd put this
> library to use [2].
>
> Its PPU & APU timing isn't 100% accurate (same as the Go
> version) so not all games will work correctly but this should
> be pretty easy to fix.
>
> Links
> --------------
> [1] https://github.com/blahness/nes
> [2] https://github.com/blahness/nes_test

Just to let anyone interested in this know it's been updated. The
APU (sound) is much improved as is the overall cycle accuracy. It
now passes several hundred accuracy tests (about halfway there).
Most of the work left to do involves
improving the PPU (video) which really hasn't been touched much
since the original port.

If you want to see it in action the best thing to do is grab &
build nes_test or if you're using Windows you can download
the newest binary release from
https://github.com/blahness/nes_test/releases.

The first version was a straight port but it's diverged a good
amount by this point.