Aurora DirectX Bindings 12.1

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 04:33:13 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 04:03:27 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 04/10/2018 2:06 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> The Aurora DirectX bindings have been updated to support
>> Windows 10 1809. Also the D2D Effect Authoring SDK has been
>> added.
>>
>> GitHub: https://github.com/auroragraphics/directx
>> DUB: http://code.dlang.org/packages/aurora-directx
>>
>> Please send PR's if you find any bugs!
>
> It would be nice to get DirectX bindings into druntime. Just
> need 9/10 (some are floating about) after these mature a bit.

I don't think thats wise, nor is it ever like to happen. Druntime
is D's runtime, the only reason there are bindings to the C and
and C++ standard library is because of their ubiquity. This is
much better suited to a dub package.

Side note, its possible that I might end up adding a DX12 backend
to LDC/DCompute (which I'm going to have to rename if I do) based
on https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXShaderCompiler/ even more
likely if MS (Hi Adam) upstream it to LLVM.