My Android project nearing beta

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:45:47 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 at 18:29:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Remaining issues (that I'm aware of) are:

I also haven't finished supporting all the various Java
arguments. Notably arrays are unimplemented right now as well as
handling interfaces (if a D function takes a CharSequence but the
Java user passes a String, that should work, but doesn't yet.
Probably a case of calling IsInstanceOf a few times, and I also
haven't determined how to determine an object that implements
multiple interfaces right now - the D thing right now makes a
magic base class so can't do that twice. Will probably look like
class Foo : JavaObject!("package.name", Foo, IWhatever,
BaseClass).)

And my stretch goal of extending a Java class in D :P

I also haven't yet implemented thread support. A static ctor can
do it but I'm actually concerned that is a bit too magical. I
need to experiment more before just diving in.