My Android project nearing beta

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 19:57:43 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 at 18:29:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Runtime initialization is now working, and you can create a
> Java VM

I now have this tested and working on Windows and Linux.

> - Method overloading;

This is fixed in the newest commit too.

```D
import arsd.jni;

final class Test : JavaClass!("wtf", Test) {
         @Import this();
	@Import void cool();
}

void main() {
	auto jvm = createJvm();

	auto h = new Test();
	h.cool();
}
```

```Java

package wtf;

public class Test {
         public native void test_();
         void test() { test_(); }

         void cool() {
                 System.out.println("********* super cool
```

As you can see there, the D code uses the java class almost as if
it was native D. Overloads work now too as well as many types in
many places, but not all in all cases. Still a good chunk of work
to do but already super cool.

I've gotta shift my attention to COM and .net for a little while
now though...