Re: Top Five World’s Most Underrated Programming Languages

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Jan 23 12:26:02 UTC 2019

On 24/01/2019 1:20 AM, JN wrote:
> Well, the truth is, people don't come to a language because of a killer
> feature. Sometimes it's even the opposite. Java and Dart are familiar to
> some extent because of lack of killer features.

Actually that isn't quite true.

Java's killer feature is consistent simplicity. That is how it was
originally sold to great success. The ecosystem and tooling came later.

Also as an FYI, Rust has had significant marketing effort put into it.
Consider its home page, it tells a story to get you into developing code
fast. D's doesn't. It is much better and I think it might be time to
have a complete rethink of D's because the last redesign wasn't all that
different to what it was prior.