Top Five World’s Most Underrated Programming Languages

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Fri Jan 25 10:15:15 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 24 January 2019 at 23:02:07 UTC, Ben wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 January 2019 at 14:44:07 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> Of course, one could argue that it must have offered enough to
>> keep some of them interested. They were able to get stuff done
>> when they used it.
>
> The build in and good performing http server hit the sweet
> spot. Never underestimate the desire of people to simply get
> going fast.
>
> As a developer, you can be assured that your Go HTTP server
> will survive a upgrade to a new major release version. That
> assurance is a bit less with D. ;)
>
> One of D its weak spots, that its so general positioned as a
> C++ replacement, that it lacks a identify for itself.

Yes!

The following idea was written by several posters:
Keep std. small, but offer a special label "recommended by D
Foundation"
for some more packages available via code.dlang (DUB)

This would mean, that some of them, currently under individual
control are moved to the official D Foundation Git repository.

So those could be kept up to date, to ensure no breakage when the
language evolves.

( On my wish list at the top: An official D database connector.
(MySql/MariaDB, Postgres, SQlite, MonetDB..) )

What about trying to find and to fund a maintainer for this
purpose?
(Next funding goal Mike Parker?)