GtkD Blog Now Up and Running

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Tue Jan 29 09:05:19 UTC 2019

On Friday, 25 January 2019 at 21:16:59 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> My approach is to lay out a firm foundation for both imperative
> and object-oriented paradigms, then build from there, taking
> things one step at a time.

By OOP you mean user controls? Hmm... I'd say, user control is an
advanced topic. In most cases each form is written in isolation
with little code sharing, and classes provided by gtkd as is
(that imperative way) should work fine. If you notice a recurring
pattern and want to reuse it among different forms, a user
control can be used to abstract it, but it also has a higher
design quality requirement, because now it's going to be reused
and thus needs to work in different mostly unforeseen contexts.
Just writing a one-off user control is an overkill.