The D Programming Language has been accepted as a GSoC 2019 organization

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Mar 19 12:50:15 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 7 March 2019 at 10:01:33 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 at 22:34:45 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some very exciting news to share.
>>
>> The D Language Language got accepted as a Google Summer of
>> Code organization!
>>
>> The official GSoC page provides a few initial pointers and
>> details:
>>
>> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6103365956665344
>>
>> Below, I will try to answer a few common questions:
>>
>> What projects will be offered?
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> You can find a list of potential projects at the D wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2019_Ideas
>>
>> However, students can, of course, come up with their own
>> projects, too!

>> Happy hacking!
>
> @Students: you can find idea threads with more detailed and
> specific information about individual DLang GSoC subcomponents
> on our General Newsgroup with the [gsoc] tag.
> So far, these idea finding thread exists:
>
> - DUB
> (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/eftttpylxanvxjhoigqu@forum.dlang.org)
> - DMD
> (https://forum.dlang.org/thread/iwvtxsecerbshhagaunj@forum.dlang.org)
>
> Please don't be shy and start your own thread ;-)

@students: There are a few more [gsoc] threads now:

- Mir project:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/jyzgzxqgaggltgifwnxx@forum.dlang.org
- D Language server:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/ersuicbdvzxsliafvpjv@forum.dlang.org

Also please don't forget that the application period starts next
week (March 25 18:00 UTC) and ends on
April 9 18:00 UTC.

-> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

We're looking forward to your applications!