bool (was DConf 2019 AGM Livestream)

Jon Degenhardt jond at noreply.com
Sun May 12 19:18:14 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 17:08:49 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> ... snip ...
> Fortunately, in the grand scheme of things, while this issue
> does matter, it's still much smaller than almost all of the
> issues that we have to worry about and consider having DIPs for.
>
> Personally, I'm not at all happy that this DIP was rejected,
> but I think that continued debate on it is a waste of
> everyone's time.

Agreed. I too have never liked numeric values equated to
true/false, in any programming language. However, it is very
common. And, relative to other the big ticket items on the table,
of minor importance. Changing the current behavior won't
materially affect the usability of D or its future. This is a
case where the best course is to make a decision move on.

--Jon