D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu May 23 20:22:28 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 20:13:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> They want accuracy TO THE EXTENT THEY (and others) CAN PERCEIVE
> IT. That is the key. Human perception is far more limited than
> most people realize.

Well, what I meant by "cutting corners" it that games reach
efficiency by narrowing down what they allow you to do.

STILL, I think Robert M. Münch is onto something good if he aims
for accuracy and provides say a canvas that draws bezier curves
to the spec (whether it is PDF or SVG).  I think many niche
application areas involve accuracy, like a CNC router program, or
a logo cutter or 3D printing. So I think there is a market.

If you can provide everything people need in one framework, then
people might want to pay for it.

If you just provide what everyone else sloppily does, then why
bother (just use Gtk, Qt or electron instead). *shrug*