D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri May 24 08:35:27 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-23 20:22:28 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad said:

> STILL, I think Robert M. Münch is onto something good if he aims for
> accuracy and provides say a canvas that draws bezier curves to the spec
> (whether it is PDF or SVG). I think many niche application areas
> involve accuracy, like a CNC router program, or a logo cutter or 3D
> printing. So I think there is a market.

I'm not fully understand the discussion about accuracy WRT GUIs. Of
course you need to draw things accurate. And my interjection WRT 35-FPS
was just to give an idea about the possible achievable performance. I
like desktop apps that are fast and small, nothing more.

> If you can provide everything people need in one framework, then people
> might want to pay for it. If you just provide what everyone else
> sloppily does, then why bother (just use Gtk, Qt or electron instead).
> *shrug*

Exactly. Our goals is to create a GUI framework which you can use to
make desktop apps without caring about the OS specifics (which doesn't
mean we are limiting in a way that you can't care if you wish). For
this we are creating a set of building-blocks that fit perfectly
together following a radical KISS and minimal dependency strategy.

If you want, you should be able to maintain a desktop app using a
specific version of the framework for 15+ years, without running into
any limitations.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com