D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 27 09:45:00 UTC 2019

On Monday, 27 May 2019 at 05:31:29 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Actually, I'm not really interested in rendering much. From the
> original posts, the rendering time is most uninteresting cus
> it's the end of the pipeline, the time that I was commenting on
> at the start is the non-rendering time, which was substantial.

Btw, I agree that spatial constraint solvers are tricky… it is a
rather specialized field with very specialized algorithms…

…but as Robert said CSS Flex then we know that there are free
implementations out there that perform very well (Chromium,
Firefox, etc).

I don't know how useful Flex is for UI layout though, based on my
experience with browser layout. But I guess that is something one
will have to experiment with.