Blog series to teach and show off D's metaprogramming by creating a JSON serialiser

JN 666total at wp.pl
Sun Nov 10 22:50:24 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 at 10:22:17 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> classes, but I think for the most part it came out ok. I
> probably won't touch classes specifically in any future post
> though, unless I can think of something interesting to do with
> them.

It's outside of the scope of the tutorial, but the "tough" part
in serializing classes is realizing that they're a reference type
rather than value type. Just like with serializing pointers, I
could have two references pointing to the same class object, and
a smart deserializer would create only one class object and point
both references to it.