dud: A dub replacement

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:19:12 UTC 2019

On Monday, 18 November 2019 at 10:44:18 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 09:53 +0000, Paolo Invernizzi via
> Digitalmars-d-announce
> wrote:
> […]
>> A win-win move would be to have dud emit the other formats
>> automatically as part of the compilation procedure, so to have
>> always all of them present and synced on the content.
>
> Why? In fact, why even think of doing this at all?
>
> There should be one and only one human written configuration
> file for a build and it should be in a notation suitable for
> being written by humans.
>
>> It shouldn't be too much difficult, and maybe it's a cleaver
>> way to move on from discussions about different formats.
>
> Again why? It seems like a pointless overhead that achieves
> nothing constructive.

Closing this kind of discussions and letting anyone to choose
"tabs or spaces" is a constructive solution, I think.

That's the whole point of a win-win solution, anyone has a gain,
the JSON party and the SDL party.

But, hey, as someone has to implement that, feel free to simply
ignore my opinion ...