Blog series to teach and show off D's metaprogramming by creating a JSON serialiser

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 09:11:59 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 09:07:18 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 09:02:07 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 00:05:06 UTC, SealabJaster
>> wrote:
>>> https://bradley.chatha.dev/Home/Blog?post=JsonSerialiser1
>>>
>>> Currently only the first post is out, as I'd like to collect
>>> feedback before writing any more.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Great Job, keep pushing!
>>
>> If you don't know it, I suggest to have a look to the
>> venerable Philippe Sigaud "D Template Tutorial" for
>> inspiration [1]. It was by far the most complete and
>> comprensive tutorial covering every aspect of the D Template
>> programming.
>>
>> It would be great to have also an updated version of it ...
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/PhilippeSigaud/D-templates-tutorial
>

> The tutorial you referred to is very comprehensive but i am
> confess is hard to understand. I have read it twice but i did
> not understand. It might be my fault but i will prefer a simple
> start with the newbie in mind

I agree with you, a simple start is valuable, so I think it's
good to have someone who is covering that, so thanks!

On the other side, I'm missing an updated version of a "advanced"
tutorial, mainly because, as you have noticed, advanced template
programming is not so easy to learn!

Thanks for your job!