Blog series to teach and show off D's metaprogramming by creating a JSON serialiser

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 09:53:56 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 09:11:59 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 09:07:18 UTC, GreatSam4sure
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 09:02:07 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great Job, keep pushing!
>>>
>>> If you don't know it, I suggest to have a look to the
>>> venerable Philippe Sigaud "D Template Tutorial" for
>>> inspiration [1]. It was by far the most complete and
>>> comprensive tutorial covering every aspect of the D Template
>>> programming.
>>>
>>> It would be great to have also an updated version of it ...
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/PhilippeSigaud/D-templates-tutorial
>>

>> The tutorial you referred to is very comprehensive but i am
>> confess is hard to understand. I have read it twice but i did
>> not understand. It might be my fault but i will prefer a
>> simple start with the newbie in mind
>
> I agree with you, a simple start is valuable, so I think it's
> good to have someone who is covering that, so thanks!
>
> On the other side, I'm missing an updated version of a
> "advanced" tutorial, mainly because, as you have noticed,
> advanced template programming is not so easy to learn!
>
> Thanks for your job!

Ooh, that's quite the undertaking.

I'll definitely give it some thought though, but as I said in
another post, it'll have to be until after the serialiser set of
posts are done.

Would be an interesting thing to slowly work on over time though.